Friday, November 26, 2010

Alcohol + Violence = Get Help Now

Though I've had my shares of partying, I fell out of the trend due a lack of entertainment. No it's not one of those stories where I was miraculously saved from a life of fast paced fun and parties. I was never addicted to anything or reliant on any substance, but don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be Mother Theresa here. I just quit the party scene because I realized a correlation between me and my boyfriend fighting and my partying. I always encouraged him to come with me and to have fun and meet new people but he's never been the one to drink or go out, and I think that's one of the things I love about him.


I soon noticed that we fought less as soon as I told him I had given up this old lifestyle (not much of a lifestyle just something fun to do) and again don't think that I'm some recovering party girl because it was easier to walk away than I thought.


And although it's not physical abuse (nor am I saying my boyfriend and I inflict each other with any type of abuse at all) I still found giving up something that upset him made our relationship run smooth and that is why I wanted to write about Alcohol Abuse and Domestic Violence.


Fact#1: Although there is no direct relationship between alcohol and domestic abuse, there is a very strong correlation. The relationship between abusing alcohol and domestic violence range between 25-80%.


Fact#2: Every 15 seconds a woman is battered by her husband or boyfriend.


Fact#3: Domestic Violence is the leading cause of injury to women between the ages of 15 to 44, more common than car accidents, muggings and rapes combined.


Fact#4: The % of batterers who are intoxicated when they abuse there partner range between 48-87%


Fact#5: About 6.6 million children under 18 live in a household with at least one Alcoholic Parent.


Click Here for Help in Domestics Violence, Rape and/or Sexual Assault


Love is Bitter, Love is Sweet, Love is...

No comments:

Post a Comment