Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My Self Introduction.

Before I started this blog I had my fingers suspended above the keys with one question on my mind. What should my blog be about? I figured I would write about something I knew, but then I thought twice and thought again, what if I write a Blog about something I don't know about... 
Sure everyone claims they are an expert of love, but I will be honest, I don't think I know what it is. I have a boyfriend, so boys are not new to me. But it dawned upon me the other day that I may have been involved with many boys and flings and shameless flirting but I have truly only had 1 true relationship (I believe to be) filled with love and not just lust. The one I have now. 
I suppose I could start off my explaining who my boyfriend is and the times we've been through but I don't want anyone (and by anyone I mean me) to get too attached. I don't know how much longer he is going to be sticking around... the thing is, we've dated once before. Back in December of 2009 but it didn't last long. He left me two months later. I hadn't seen him since. I've always followed the words of Luna Lovegood, "Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end... If not always in the way we expect," and that is exactly what happened. Nine months later: August 28th 2010. Our best friend's mother passed. I will never forget the day I went over to comfort him and was told the my ex would be there -- I hadn't seen him in nine months. 
A lot can happen in 9 months; one can have a baby in 9 months; one can create a whole new identity in 9 months; one can completely grow up in 9 months -- I knew he had gotten back with his ex but that didn't stop either of us when he opened his arms and I jumped into them as if nothing had changed. Nor did I stop him when 2 days later his lips parted as he leaned towards me and every ounce of bitterness, remorse, and regret flooded out of our systems. And here we are. I try to consider it a God thing "Dear God, If he is the one for me, bring him back to me. If not, bring me someone... better?" Couldn't find anyone better, guess he couldn't either... at least I like to think that. Sometimes I wonder about him though. He's notorious for getting back with exes so am I just another? I don't want to lose him so I don't open up to him; it drives him insane. I just don't want him to realize how rapidly active my thought process is. So here we are. 
Love is Bitter? Love is Sweet? Love is...?

No comments:

Post a Comment